From Bonapitit Community Documentation
What is Bonanzle?
Bonanzle is an online marketplace that launched in Autumn of 2008 and has quickly grown to 2.5 million items available for sale with more than 100,000 registered users. Amongst marketplaces not named "eBay" and "Amazon," Bonanzle is one of the most highly trafficked and fastest growing marketplaces online, owing to a user base that has spread the word of Bonanzle to their friends and to media outlets. In its first year online, Bonanzle has been mentioned by Business Week, Lucky Magazine, CNN, Reader's Digest, Mashable, ReadWriteWeb, AARP, and many more.
What is Bonapitit? What can I do with it?
Bonapitit is an API that allows developers to write their own applications that interface directly with Bonanzle. Potential uses of Bonapitit could include:
- Writing a desktop application that allows users to post or edit their items from their computer
- Writing a Facebook plugin that grabs all of the items from a user's friends and displays them in a user's profile
- Integrating Bonanzle inventory into a flash plugin that displays items into blogs or user websites a novel way
- Populating a seller's website with their Bonanzle inventory in a customized manner
- Creating an iPhone app to search Bonanzle inventory and earn commissions when users buy items
... and just about anything else your creativity could cook up with 2.5 million items and 100k+ user profiles accessible in an easy-to-access format.
How can I grow rich beyond compare using Bonapitit?
You mean you're not here just for kicks? Well you're in luck, because we've dedicated an entire page to that very topic.
How hard is it to write a program that interfaces with Bonapitit?
Well, that of course depends on what you want to do, but we've made it as easy as possible, honest. "Easier than you expected" is Bonanzle's whole shtick. If you have an application that already works with eBay, you're already about 80-90% done writing your Bonapitit application. But even if you don't, as long as you have a modern programming language that understands JSON, we'll have you up and running in no time.
Why is it called "Bonapitit"?
It's a play on words, see? "Bon" like Bonanzle. "API" like this is an "API." "tit" like the French word for delicious. Now please, stop over-analyzing.